AWS: Serverless on Lambda
AWS lambda provides the ability to build and deliver products and modern applications quickly that scale with the enterprise and cost less to maintain and run.
AWS Lambda enables “serverless” applications. SDG’s AWS consultants utilize AWS Lambda to run code without having to configure virtual servers and operating systems. The Lambda platform allows you to concentrate on writing high-quality code without the expense of provisioning or mapping infrastructure. This is the most flexible model for the enterprise. You only pay for the compute time you use while the code is running.
Why Use Lambda
Serverless is the native architecture of the cloud which enables you to shift more of your operational responsibilities to AWS, increasing agility and innovation. Serverless allows you to build and run applications and services without thinking about servers. SDG can implement and deploy your backend logic to the cloud and refer to lambda functions only when necessary, using HTTP calls. Combined with Amazon API Gateway you will maximize your product by minimizing costs. SDG can combine AWS resources like DyanmoDB to create a powerful data processing pipeline. Lambda functions can also be triggered by IoT devices bringing more OnDemand data back when needed.
Lambda also eliminates infrastructure management tasks such as server or cluster provisioning, patching, operating system maintenance, and capacity provisioning. You can build Lambda expressions for nearly any type of application or backend service, and everything required to run and scale your application with high availability is handled for you.
Why use lambda
Services we provide
- No servers to manage or provision your Lambda Code, just write your code and upload it!
- Applications scale automatically as your code runs in response to each call.
Decrease Your Costs
- You are only charged for every 100ms your code executes.
- Only charged the number of times your code is executed.
- Your code is optimized at execution by choosing a memory size that fits your function.
Going Serverless with SDG you will get:
- Serverless architecture, design, and development done by certified AWS consultants following AWS best practices.
- A defined cloud business strategy based on your business targets and goals.
- A vision for your future cloud opportunities by:
- Value mapping business processes
- Rapid prototyping
- Detailing a technical blueprint
- Mentoring and building reusable, extensive capabilities as you move from validation to enablement